9.22.2009

We're Here!

It is Wednesday morning here in Taipei. We leave to pick up Sydney in 24 hours!!!
After a 24+ hour trip, we finally made it to Taiwan and the hotel. Our JoH guide, Fion, seems very nice. She had a schedule all made out for us and will be taking us to do some sightseeing today.
At first we weren't sure we would have internet access as our WiFi couldn't connect. After speaking to the concierge we got it worked out. We didn't bring our own ethernet cable, but they had one at the front desk we were able to borrow. It definitely helped to speak the language as they didn't speak much English at all.
The Golden China Hotel is just OK. I wish we were able to stay at the Sheraton as I originally planned, but we will be fine here. Although the Sheraton is closer to the airport, this hotel is closer to AIT and other things which are easier for Fion to get to.
I guess one good thing about having to ride in Economy is I CANNOT sleep!! It really stinks at the time, but it helps with jet lag at your final destination as you are able to just go to bed when it's time. Luckily, we are used to traveling back and forth between N. America and Asia, so we are doing fine with the schedule.
Heading down to breakfast now!

5 comments:

couey2007 said...

I'm glad you made it! We stayed at the Golden China. Make sure you plan time to walk through the neighborhood! There is a morning market several blocks behind the hotel and a great temple a few blocks away!

Michelle C, AL
home 12/08

Dunns said...

Hi Bethann... Can't wait to follow your journey to Sydney!! Yippee! congrats!

Hi Michelle,
Can you remember the name of the temple thats few blocks away from the Golden China?

Debbie

The Hernandez Herd said...

what joy! Hurray! We will meet our baby girl on Saturday. When we get back I can post more details. I am thrilled for you, Victoria JOH

BethAnn said...

Debbie,
I don't know the name of the temple, but it is a Bhuddist temple. If you walk out the front of the Golden China and turn left, it is a few blocks down, across the street. You can't miss it :)

Cindy said...

Bethann,

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see photos of you with Sydney. Enjoy your time in Taiwan. . .it will fly by!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com