We had a difficult time getting Sydney to sleep last night. She is fighting sleep every step of the way and has a cold to boot, so she was fussy. Everytime I would put her down, she would wake out of her sleep and cry. I tried to put her down 3 times until Erich took over and was finally able to put her in the crib with no crying. I know that all she wants is to be in my arms and be comforted. We are doing as much as we can in that to help ease her adjustment.
Our bonding seems to be going well. Sydney is enjoying us and starting to realize we aren't going anywhere. I do think she misses her home at St. Lucy's though. She needs lots of reassurance and comfort and wants to be held a lot. Overall, I think she is doing well with all of this.
I am very happy with her development. She is crawling and able to manipulate food to her mouth. She is babbling also. We do need to work on standing stamina and strength so we can get her walking :).
We are going to attempt some sightseeing today and I will post some pictures later.
1 comment:
I hope you all had a restful night. Try to get a childrens music CD. That seemed to help us and calm Brooke at night. I hope you all have a great day. Take lots of pictures!!
Post a Comment