8.13.2009

Happy Eight Month Birthday Sydney!

Today is Sydney's eighth month birthday. We were really hoping for our monthly update today (we have always received it by the 14th) but we haven't had our August update or word of our final ruling yet. We are getting very anxious! The typhoon probably has held things up a bit I guess. We will probably be traveling at the end of September or beginning of October if it comes in the next week or so. I have been watching Adoption Stories on TLC and cry almost every time they show a family in the process of international adoption picking up their babies. Maybe I should stop. I really enjoy it though and it somehow makes me feel more connected to Sydney while we wait to bring her home.
I have pictures to post of Sydney's nursery but I didn't bring my usb cord to connect my camera, so it will have to wait till our stuff gets here. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It is pink with green, with a birds and butterflies theme. I can't wait to get the rest of her furniture in there. We are still waiting the arrival of our household goods shipment (should be here by the 24th) as well as home internet and phone set up (on the 18th). We have been reduced to using Starbucks for their WiFi, so it has not been easy to update the blog or get a whole heck of a lot done on line. I will post more next week. Thanks to everyone for your support. :) Check back soon for further updates.

2 comments:

The Hernandez Herd said...

Wow , Happy birthday Sydney!
How esciting for your family. She will be home for Christmas what fun. It seems like yesterday you got your referal. Can't wait to see the new pictures. Hoping for a speedy process. Victoria JOH

KT said...

Hope your things arrive to you soon! I have been thinking about St. Lucy's a lot lately with all of the Typhoon news. Welcome back to the states!