Finally received our monthly update today. They sent two photos and I think that her hair has been cut! It looks much shorter. No more fauxhawk! I wish they had not done it, but maybe they had to. Oh well, it's just hair. Her update sounded much like last month's. She is doing well with eating solids and socializing with babies and adults alike.
Her measurements are as follows: weight- 17.8 lbs; height- 27.5 inches; head circumference-16.5 inches. She has gained almost 1 lb and grown about half an inch. Her charted height puts her in the 75th percentile, but her weight is only in the 50th. Looks like she may grow to be average to tall in height and thin. Fine with me!
I guess she really isn't is big as I thought. I am glad though because it gives me more time to be able to hold her and carry her as I am not very tall and babies grow out of me quickly ;) We will meet her in just about 4 weeks. The time cannot go fast enough!
5 comments:
Yeah! So glad you will be able to hold her soon!!
Tracy Woods JOH
Oh, She is precious. They cut the hair before they send them home in China many times as well. They do this in kindness to prepare them to leave and get them ready. Our Daughter had a similar cut. It grows back fast. She looks like a princess no matter what. What joy, Victoria
What a cutie-pie...I agree, I think she did get a haircut!
PS...how are the cats doing?
Cats are doing really good Katie. One had a bit of a rough time, but is finally adjusted :)
SLC will give you a CD of lots of pictures. We saw pictures of Zoe's first haircut. They use a comb and razor to cut her hair. I agree with you, I wish they would have left her hair alone. It must be easier for them to take care of. Have fun packing and getting ready for Sydney!
Post a Comment