3.01.2011

International Adoption and its link to old Hollywood

                                                      
In recent years, adoption within the Hollywood set has become very popular. Trendsetting and fads aside, there is a real history of adoption and adoption advocacy in Hollywood.  One such examples is Jane Russell, a famous Hollywood star from the 40's and beyond.  She passed away yesterday at age 89.  You may remember her from her most famous role in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" with Marilyn Monroe.  As I was reading about her, I learned that she was the mother to three adopted children.  During her adoptions she experienced some problems so she was inspired to found her own adoption agency, which helped place upwards of 40,000 international children (she also served on its board for 40 years).  To read about her contributions to the adoption community follow this link:  http://www.wic.org/bio/jrussell.htm
I am sure she will be missed and appreciated by the thousands of families that she helped come together through the blessings of adoption.  Goodbye, Jane Russell and thank you!

No comments: