6.08.2011

Are we there yet? Yep!

I spoke with our agency in CA yesterday and learned all of our paperwork has been sent to the TECO's (two different offices).  FINALLY!! So if everything goes as planned, everything should be back to the agency and ready go to Taiwan in two weeks or so.  Of course, many things have not gone as planned during this process, but now things now seem to be back on track, and we are still hoping for some things to go right :).  If the Taiwan court processes continue to go at the rate I am seeing right now, we may travel in August, although the agency is telling me 6 months.  Sydney's court process took 3 months, so I am guessing probably three months or less.  I know the agency is saying six months so we don't expect only a few months and then it turns to be much more.  Even so, I will prepare myself for three months or more.  I have to.  You just never know.   But we are at the tail end of all this and will soon be waiting for our first and final decrees.  YAY!

3 comments:

michelle said...

Great news!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's smooth sailing from here!

Lisa said...

Wonderful! Hoping, praying, fingers crossed its the short end of the wait for you guys!!!

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Found your blog through the "Taiwan R.O.C.K.s" list and wanted to say hello, since we are also waiting for the court process in Taiwan! Your kids are adorable!! We adopted our daughter Lauren through the foster care program in 2007. This February, we received a call to see if we could adopt her biological brother. He just turned 1 a few weeks ago and is in foster care in Taichung. Our paperwork was sent in early April and our hearing was on June 3rd, so now we're waiting for first ruling. Our agency told us 8 months for court...I sure hope not! I hardly ever update my blog but may use it when we're traveling. I'll keep checking your blog for news and updates!