5.22.2011

Update on Paperwork

I am finally getting some real answers from our agency in California.  They JUST sent out our homestudy to be translated and found paperwork that had not been notarized by the Secretary of State in California.  They are waiting for it to come back.  I think we are probably looking at a couple of more weeks before our paperwork goes to Taiwan (if we are lucky).  Who knows how backlogged the translator is with files to translate, or how long it will take to get the paperwork back from SoS and TECO?  UGH!  I am very frustrated that they have been sitting on this paperwork.  They have had our homestudy for 2 months and just sent it on Wednesday!  I am not happy with they way they have handled our paperwork AT ALL.  We just keep hoping that our court process is short and Oliver is home by the end of the summer.   The good news is that our USCIS file has been sent to AIT in Taiwan and we have not had any issues in that department :).    Am I being repetitive?  I wish I had something new to share.  Hopefully I will soon.
As far as that one other document is concerned, we had a new one drafted, took it to Annapolis Friday afternoon and had it certified by the county and state in about 40 minutes.  It is on it's way back to California now.  Not sure why we couldn't have done all the paperwork ourselves and I did mention this to the agency.  But it's a moot point since they didn't send in the paperwork to the California Secretary of State anyway.  OK-enough complaining.  Our next post will be GOOD news!! :D

2 comments:

michelle said...

I'm crossing my fingers that finally your paperwork gets sent to Taiwan. It's very frustrating when you have no control over it. I remember when we rushed to turn in everything to our agency. It sat on their desks for over a week and during that time, I could have taken it to be certified by the state.

Don't apologize for venting your frustrations. That's what we're here for.

KT said...

:(

I can only hope that they agency's excuse is that they are super busy; I am getting really irritated lately with people's work ethics.