5.14.2011

Approvals and setbacks

We received our I-171H from USCIS yesterday!  (That is our approval to move forward with our international adoption.)  We filed in February, had our fingerprinting in April and received the approval in May.  Not too bad.  In other news, our paperwork is being held up by one document.   The problem is that it was notarized by a Navy Legalman and the county is not certifying it because he is not registered with the county. I requested the paperwork be sent back to me so I can take care of it.  I think this will be a relatively easy thing to clear up and I should be able to get it done next week, have it back to California by the weekend and our dossier to TECO by next week.  No one at the agency seems to want to go the extra mile to get it fixed.  The fact that they had a switch in case managers is not helping our paperwork get processed as quickly as we would have hoped either.   Man, all these little things really seem to add up and are frustrating.  Let's hope that our court process in Taiwan will go much smoother and faster and Oliver won't have to wait much longer.  No updates yet.  It has been over a month :(  Maybe next week.

3 comments:

KT said...

:( Stupid paperwork...

MSkinner said...

Bummer!

Terry said...

Sorry to hear of your glitch in paperwork. I can relate to that alot recently, but ours was more sticker shock with prices to certify our notary. Sounds like you have the right direction to get it taken care of. Times like this you wish the mail would be a lot quicker! Supportive {hugs} coming your way.