4.04.2010

Trippin'

Sydney and I were able to go back to Washington and Oregon to see my family last week. It was a whirlwind trip, as we went to Central Washington, down to Oregon and back up to Western Washington. It was great to spend time with my sisters and mom and Sydney had a great time playing with her cousins. She also got to meet her Great Grandma and Great Uncle (my grandmother and uncle). She did great on the plane trips. When we first walked into our seats in first class, I got some looks like "oh great, a baby!" But she is such a good flyer, I knew she wouldn't bother anyone, and she didn't.

After we returned home, Erich surprised us with a day trip to Monticello, the former home of Thomas Jefferson. It was a beautiful, warm spring day and we had a great time. It was really beautiful there, with views of Charlottesville on one side and the mountains on the other. I love going to see historic homes and sites. It is interesting how each one has it's own feel. While it was beautiful at Monticello, I couldn't help feel a sense of sadness there. Mt. Vernon (George Washington's estate) felt completely different to me. It had a more relaxed, happy feeling. At any rate, it was a great day and we really enjoyed spending it together.

Walking down the trail from Monticello.

Getting a ride from Daddy on the front lawn at Monticello.

Sydney and Mommy.

Walking at Monticello.

On Easter Morning, the Easter Bunny brought Sydney some new books...a big hit of course!

1 comment:

Tracy Ann said...

Great pictures! You were in my neck of the woods, we are close to Portland. Hope you had a nice visit, it is beautiful, but of course you must put up with the rain:)