Sydney is growing and changing so much every day. I saw a video today of her walking next to me and I couldn't believe how tall she is getting. She is over 31" now. Walking is now her new favorite thing and she just wants to do it all the time. She still falls, but she gets right back up and keeps going. We try to let her walk whenever we can and her skills are getting better every day.
We have been using sign language with her since we brought her home and she has recently had a spurt of learning new signs. It's wonderful that she can communicate with us. She can sign milk, eat, more, down, mommy, please, thank you, cat, cookie and surprisingly, flower. Of course "cookie" is her favorite. She is also able to nod yes and no and point to what she wants. We are working on bubbles, color, banana, dog, bath, outside and play. I highly recommend using sign language with infants and toddlers. A great website to learn signs is www.signwithme.com. I think that potty training will be not too far off, as she has learned to tell us that she has a poo poo. But she just hit 16 months so we have few more months to see if she is ready to really start working on it.
GOING FOR A WALK
We recently bought Sydney some crayons and paper so she can start practicing scribbling. Unfortunately, I wasn't being watchful and I didn't realize she had done this...
I guess she just wanted to spruce up Sebastian's carrier. It's much more colorful in person :).
3 comments:
A cookie monster :)...
I will never forget when my brother decided to use his crayons on the brick fireplace...good times...
Sidney is so cute! They just grow way too fast.
Tracy
What cute pictures!! SHe is getting so big. We are back and trying to get back in a rythm. Thanks for all the support along the way. Victoria
Post a Comment