6.17.2009

Tokyo Trip



We went to Tokyo for a short holiday this past weekend. We figured we could not leave Japan without visiting Tokyo and we had to have one last vacation before Sydney comes home. We love to travel and usually take a trip somewhere once a year. We realize we won't be doing that for some time :) We decided our next big trip will be either back to Australia or a Caribbean Disney cruise, depending on where are stationed in 5 years.
We had a great time. Tokyo is definitely crowded, but it was very clean and it was easy to find our way around. The Japanese are very gracious and patient with us foreigners. They are polite and respectful of personal space-which is not an easy task in one of the most populated cities in the world. I have to say that I don't think I was pushed once, something I can't say for Londoners. It was kind of a bittersweet trip because we had planned on going before we moved back to the States, so this trip really meant our time in Japan has come to an end. As much as I can't wait to get back to the U.S. there have been some nice things about living in Japan which we will miss. Things like heated toilet seats and awesome 100 Yen stores!

No comments: