6.10.2009

June update




We received our monthly update today. Sydney is growing wonderfully and becoming really beautiful (in our humble opinion)! She is almost 26 inches tall, weighs 15 pounds and her head is 16 inches. She is starting to learn to eat solids and has been practicing creeping around on her tummy. We sent a care package to her about a week and a half ago, but she doesn't have anything from it in the photos. Maybe the next photos will show something we sent her. Hopefully she gets it, but I won't worry about it too much.
It is so amazing to look at her photos and think "that is our daughter!". We are so happy that our long, long wait led us to her. It was definitely worth it. We have not heard anything as far as the court process goes, but I think that is normal at this stage. Hopefully the process does not go too fast though (??!!) because we just sent all her nursery stuff to Maryland yesterday in our first shipment before we move! We send everything else on the 22nd and leave Japan on July 10th. Ugh...then comes another homestudy update. Oh well, we do what we have to for our little ones, right? We just have to remember that all the hurdles and difficulties we go through make the results all the more special.

2 comments:

KT said...

I was hoping to see some update photos...Sydney looks beautiful! Gosh, July 10th is going to be here soon...hope the house will be ready.

I'll write you an email soon -
Katie

Our Second Miracle said...

Your daughter is so cute!!I'm sure Sydney and our Zoe have played together.:)Hope you have a quick court process!
Karen