10.02.2011

Two years together

 Taipei, September 2009

September 2011
Just home from Taiwan, 2009.

2011

This week we celebrated our two year anniversary as a family.  It has been a wonderful time filled with growth, learning, fun and a fair share of tears.  Sydney definitely tests my patience at times with some of her behavior, but I know it is part of being a two year old and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can see that she is growing and maturing into a caring, thoughtful person.  The other night we were eating popcorn and when I had finished mine, she put some of hers in my bowl.  Not because she was done or didn't want it (she LOVES popcorn!).  But because she wanted me to have more and wanted to share what she had left.  Tonight as we were making banana bread, she accidentally dropped a cookie cutter into the mixing bowl, which consequently sent banana bread mix all over the kitchen.  Without being asked, she went and got paper napkins from the table and cleaned up much of the mess on the mixer by herself, even though I told her it was ok and I would get it later.
Her imagination is soaring as well...she loves to pretend play.  Dinosaurs, bears, lions, and snakes are all regular visitors in our house.  She loves to play kitchen and put her babies to bed, as well as diaper and clothe them.
Her social skills are developing quite well.  She really likes to interact with older children, I think because they give her a lot of attention, and she doesn't waste too much time on any child who doesn't show interest in her or interact with her, but she is almost always friendly and kind to them.  I know that once she gets over being territorial, she will be a great sister to Oliver.
I could go on and on.  She is just the light of my life and the apple of her daddy's eye.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives and love her more and more each day.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Two years have gone by so quickly! Congratulations on your current Family Day and Big Congrats on your upcoming Family day too!! Very excited for you and Happy to see that you will be traveling soon to meet Oliver!

Sydney is beautiful and I bet she is excited to meet her new little brother!

Happy Family Day! Current and Future! :)