It has been a rough couple of weeks in the Keough house. I started my new job last week, and Sydney started day care as well. I started work with a cold and Sydney, being around a whole bunch of new kids, got sick too. She has really been under the weather for the last week or so, poor baby.
It has been really hard for me not being with Sydney all day. I feel a lot of guilt. It breaks my heart when I have to leave her there crying, because as much as I would like to, I can't go see her too much throughout the day. It's hard on her when I leave her and it doesn't reflect well on my job performance. So I peek in on her and call the room to ask about her ;)
I am sure things will be better in a couple of weeks once we have adjusted to our new schedules and are not sick anymore. It will just take some time.
Here are some pictures of better times and how I hope things will be again soon... :)
I am sure things will be better in a couple of weeks once we have adjusted to our new schedules and are not sick anymore. It will just take some time.
Here are some pictures of better times and how I hope things will be again soon... :)
3 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, puppy dog whines and cries when we put her in the crate and leave for work.
Adjustment takes time...she will do great (and you will too!).
I think this will help...
Remember the picture books that we all sent to SLC?
Try putting together another one. This time fill it with pictures of you and her together as well as Daddy, pets, her crib, toys etc...
I keep one in Allie's bag just incase she misses me when she's in the "jungle-gym" (nursery) while I'm working out. She also likes to have it with her if I leave her with a baby sitter...
I labeled each page with; "Mommy loves you Allie and Mommy will be right back".
I always, ALWAYS tell Allie that I'll be right back!
I told her this when I had to leave her in Taiwan after my visit before bringing her home and I always remind her that I came back! When she goes to bed at night, I always tell her that I love her and remind her that I'll be right back. When I wake her up in the morning, we usually laugh now because we both say it at the same time - "I'm Back"!
I know it sound crazy, but it works for us!
I haven't shared this with anybody else, but reading your post touched my heart and if by chance it helps you and your beautiful daughter adjust to this change, then I'm happy to share!
I can't imagine how hard this must be for you right now. Sorry...
I'm going to check in on you guys again soon.
I'll be right back :)
Thinking of you...
Thank you Lora! I am definitely going to try the photo book.
Post a Comment